[Mailman-Developers] Testing different email structures with MUAs

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Sep 12 01:36:05 CEST 2013

On 09/11/2013 06:57 AM, Adam McGreggor wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 02:28:21PM +0530, Abhilash Raj wrote:
>> I have attached all 3 type of message, each in a different file. Please
>> can you place it in your maildir and check how your MUAs respond to it
>> and report here? The message signature will not be verified(the
>> signature text is actually gibberish), this experiment is just to check
>> how the MUAs handle the message with such a structure.

thanks, abhilash, i will try to test these shortly and give you feedback
about icedove and notmuch at least, both of which are OpenPGP-enabled
(notmuch is native, icedove with the enigmail plugin).

> A more representative sample of what users (real users!) might see,
> might be better gained through some of the online tools; litmus
> <http://litmus.com/email-testing> may be useful.

Litmus appears to be about HTML rendering, which isn't what abilhash is
asking about at all.  If you know of a comparable service that provides
this kind of comprehensive feedback about cryptographic signatures, i'd
be very interested in learning about it.

Regards,

	--dkg