[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 vs Groupserver vs Sympa

Kẏra kxra at riseup.net
Mon Oct 7 04:38:22 CEST 2013

Hello,

My name is Kẏra and I am the technology director of the Free Culture
Foundation as well as a campaigns organizer for the Free Software
Foundation and we're in need up upgrading our mailing lists to a more
web-friendly system. I'm doing research on newer list severs to see how
they compare. So far Groupserver seems to provide everything, but if
Mailman 3 is going to be released soon, we'd like to consider that as well.

I'm making a comparison chart and wanted to ask about Mailman 3 (and
Postorius) features. Answers to any and all of the following with regards
to Mailman 3 + Postorius would be super helpful:

Can you post from the web interface?
Is there file upload support?
Is there now a search feature? Can it search multiple lists?
Are there web feeds (atom or rss)? Generated from lists? searches? threads?
files?
Are posts and administration integrated into the web interface?
Can you specify a posting rate restriction?
Is full css customization for the web interface supported?
Is css customization for the email interface supported?
Is there site-side logging? (as opposed to server side)
Is there a link to the post in the web interface in the footer of messages?
Now that users are more than just email addresses, can you request to
contact a list member?
Can users have multiple email addresses?
Are there profile pages where you can see a summary of their latest posts?
Can the web interface hide quoted text?
Are usage statistics provided?

Thanks!

Also, did Mailman 2 already support LMTP and virtual domains or are those
new?

Best,
Kẏra

--