[Mailman-Developers] REST API call for creating archive view?

Sat Nov 9 06:10:10 CET 2013

Thanks for the comments, Steve - can you clarify what you mean by a
"write-only API"? As far as I can tell I could use that to insert messages
that Mailman now considers "posted to the list" into my own DBMS and then
present them however I like. I'll have a bunch of questions around
robustness and error handling, but is that not basically  the case?

I like the idea of Hyperkitty returning fairly plain HTML that I could
later style, although having a REST API that would allow me to get at
thread objects which contained a tree of message objects would probably be
ideal. I suspect that's fairly trivial for me to implement assuming my
assumptions about IArchiver are correct.

Cheers,
Colin