[Mailman-Developers] Mailman DMARC Support (it's not what you think!)

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:27:39 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM, J. Trent Adams <jtrentadams at gmail.com> wrote:
> should provide an option to participate in as secure communication as possible.

Randomly applying security distinctions, to RFC de'jour, is not really
helping.  If you want true message security, then PGP/GPG is the only
universal way.   If you are just looking to protect the integrity of
the pathway, might I suggest that a wrapper around 2 different
technologies (one being header reliability and the other being source
reliability) is just that... a wrapper (or as I say, a panacea).   If
you truly wanted secure comms, DMARC would be mandating PGP and going
after MUAs.... but I digress.

-Jim P.