[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Suite beta: what's left?

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Nov 1 19:18:42 CET 2013

On Oct 29, 2013, at 05:35 PM, Terri Oda wrote:

>1. Need a Postorius interface for associating multiple email addresses with a
>single account.  This is probably going to require either an email
>verification, so we might want to have that as part Mailman Core rather than
>doing it directly in Postorius.  Short term, I don't care how it's done as
>long as it verifies that the user actually has access to the addresses they
>link together.

If it's easy(-ish) to do in Postorius, then I think that might be best for
now.  Among the half finished branches I have sitting around is one to improve
the integration between the core and the web u/i, and right now it has too
much legacy crap to be generally useful.

What I mean is, if the core is going to send an email that contains a url, it
has to be configured to properly calculate the url.  In MM2.1, this was all
nicely hardcoded because the only ui was the built-in one.  Now, even with
Postorius, the core can't a priori *know* what proper urls would look like, so
sending confirmations with urls in them could be wrong.

So this feature in particular, if Postorius can do all the necessary
confirmations, I can much more easily provide an API that Postorius can call
to associate an email address with a given user.

Cheers,