[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Project Discussion

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Fri May 31 01:37:53 CEST 2013

OK. Then a "roster" represents the distribution list for a "feed" of outgoing messages.
The "mailinglist" represents the reception point(s) for the incoming messages and the directives for handling the processing of those messages.

The thing that hasn't been addressed is how an individual recipient can affect the processing of messages that are processed while he is a member of a roster.

In particular, how do the "user settings" come into play?  Presumedly, a user can have different settings for each list to which he is subscribed.

What, if any, individual settings apply to moderator feeds? Are these different from those which apply to the feed that the individual receives as a member of the list?