[Mailman-Developers] Python remote urllib.request -> mailman subscription

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Mon May 27 06:20:35 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 12:44 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> The better solution is Mailman 3, which provides a REST API for
> programmatic administration, but it not going to be considered ready
> for production use (at least, not unless the admin is a Mailman 3
> developer) for several months.
>
> The only developer currently working on Mailman 2 at all is Mark
> Sapiro, who handles maintenance (ie, bug fixes and integration of
> "uncontroversial" minor feature patches).  I think any change here is
> likely to be controversial, so won't make it to Mailman 2 in the near
> future.

Hey Steve. Thanks for getting back to me.

Since my application will be distributed on optical media, it's
impossible for me to adapt it to Mailman 3 later should the server ever
be upgraded. I'd like to have it work with both interfaces, but it's
impossible for me to do that right now because Mailman 3 is still
experimental and I won't know how to communicate with it yet, let alone
the static URL and API the server would expose whenever its is upgraded
later.

I think what I'll do is contact Mark, as you suggested. Thanks a lot for
your help.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred