[Mailman-Developers] Additional GSoC discussion - Better User Settings Management

Sneha Priscilla 24.sneha at gmail.com
Thu May 9 20:35:03 CEST 2013

Hi ,

My GSOC proposal is to do with the project idea - "Better User Settings
Management". I too would like to discuss what help or functionality I'm
looking for from the rest of the community.

1. More clarity on the interface. Stephen suggested an interface to me in
one of his comments on my proposal. I'd like to continue discussing that.

2. REST functionality for the different preferences of the user.

3. Extra profile information: Information such as twitter handles, picture
or skype id would be best implemented separately from the rest of the
Mailman core. For this purpose, we could use Django User Models to set up a
customized user model . If this separation of user info from the core is
achieved, I would love to provide an interface to access/modify them. This
functionality can also be useful for Systers,if we stick to Postorius while
upgrading to Mailman 3.

I would like to know more about which of the above is feasible  and whether
my sole focus should only be on the interface for now.

Regards,
Sneha Priscilla