[Mailman-Developers] GSoC Project Discussion - Web Posting Interface.

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu May 9 18:28:20 CEST 2013

On May 08, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

>I agree with Steve. One of the advantages of Django is its "mix and match"
>capability.  Actually, I see two possible apps. One would integrate with
>HK. The other would be simpler, just providing a posting mechanism that
>provides authenticated message sender.

The real power here would be for someone who is reading the archives to "jump
into" a discussion, potentially long after the fact.  Imagine you've done a
web search for a particular problem you're having and it lands you on a page
in an archive.  You want to follow up to that message with some additional
information or question.  Reducing the burden for that type of intermittent
involvement in a topic should be the goal.