[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2013 : Authenticated REST-API in Postorius/Django

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Mar 29 15:39:13 CET 2013

Hi Rahul, welcome to mailman-developers!

On Mar 29, 2013, at 02:32 AM, Rahul Gaur wrote:

>I haven't implemented RESTful API's before , but I have started learning
>more about REST and HTTP protocols  already and I hope that I would be in a
>better state by the time GSOC starts.

I highly recommend Leonard Richardson's and Sam Ruby's O'Reilly book on
RESTful Web Services:

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596529260.do

Although the book's been out for many years now, I still think it holds up
well, and will give you a great understanding of the basic concepts and design
principles behind REST.  It also gives lots of great tips for organizing your
resources, etc.

Of course, it makes the most sense for the authenticated REST API to as
closely mimic the core admin API as possible.  Where there are conflicts, we
should discuss on this mailing list.

Cheers,