[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2013 ideas page updates

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Mar 11 20:59:13 CET 2013

Just FYI: I've linked Mailman from the PSF GSoC 2013 page here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2013

I don't know that it'll result in us attracting more students just yet
(again, org applications don't open 'till March 18th) but if it seems
like there's a small surge after this weekend, you can blame me.  GSoC's
running on a much later schedule this year than last, so we've got a lot
of anxious students worrying about deadlines even though it's pretty
early by the schedule.

I've also updated our GSoC page with a few more ideas from my mental
Postorius queue:

http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013

I'd particularly like to see some more hyperkitty ideas up -- Aurelien,
are you able to mentor a student this summer?  Anyone else working on
hyperkitty who'd like to chime in?  Pipermail has been a weakness for a
while so I expect there'll be students who are really interested in
improving it if we give them some starting points.

Those of you coming to the sprints can expect me to harass you for
ideas/refinement at PyCon next week, of course.  But if you, like me,
are going through bug queues right now trying to prepare for pycon and
figure out what to work on at the sprints... now's a great time to make
a list of "I don't think we'll get to this"  features to put up as
potential GSoC projects!

  Terri