[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jul 27 00:59:09 CEST 2013

On Friday 26. July 2013 23.55.00 Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Sounds good. Re: timing, I am off line much of now through Aug 30, so
> for me at least, 'Test, test, test' shouldn't begin before September.

Leaving any serious activity for a few weeks would suit me, too.

[...]

> My Moin installation is dumb in this respect. I don't remember why we
> wanted to set it up the way we did, maybe so a user could create their
> own home page before being added to a group, but in this age of wiki
> spam it's probably not a good idea.

On the subject of home pages, users can create their own after creating an
account, but it is also possible to impose textchas on the registration
process itself. The global ACLs may also prevent the creation of home pages
through things like the MyPages action, but I haven't really checked this.

Paul