[Mailman-Developers] [Merge] lp:~sakuag333/mailman/BUG_non_queue_runner into lp:mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Jan 22 21:32:17 CET 2013

On Jan 21, 2013, at 08:35 AM, Sandesh Agrawal wrote:

>These lines were changed in my earlier commit, which required certain
>fixing. So i re-changed these lines to the original one in my recent
>commit to the branch. Hence bazaar was showing all that in the commit
>history.

It's important to learn how to work with feature/bug branches in Bazaar.  It's
not that difficult really, you just want to create a new branch per bug or
feature that you're working on.  If you have one feature branch that depends
on another feature branch, you can use something like looms or pipelines to
stack your branches.

But in general, you want to make sure it's one-branch-per-bug-or-feature.

>At present i am using jus gedit to do all my coding, which edtor is
>best to be used so that i do not run into these problems ?

I'm biased about Emacs because I've used it for a bazillion years.  With the
python-mode here <https://launchpad.net/python-mode> plus tools like
global-whitespace-mode, pyflakes, and bzr-tools-grep, I think Emacs is a
wonderful development environment.  By default, this will use only spaces for
indentation.

Other editors are good too if you can configure them correctly, but others
will have to chime in about them.

Cheers,