[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2013 ideas page

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat Feb 16 22:11:36 CET 2013

I've set up an ideas page for Mailman in GSoC 2013:

http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013

Right now it's seeded with some particularly clearly-defined ideas I
received by email, but more ideas are better, so please feel free to add
things or modify the page (or argue about why it should be modified
here).  I'll be going through my own bug queues and other emails later
this afternoon.

Things I'd like to see other than ideas:
- a VM we could hand out to students to shortcut the process of setting
up a development environment
- A set of simple assignments for students to try as a quick "can I work
with this codebase?" test.

I'm thinking things like "add inline help to one of the options in
postorius and post your code as a branch on launchpad"  that aren't
technically terribly technically challenging.  The idea is to give the
students a task they can complete and give us something to require in
their applications as proof that they'll be able to work with us.  It's
basically "solve an easy bug and post your code" but we'll want things
more specifically defined in case the queue of easy bugs isn't so hot
when the students start arriving.