[Mailman-Developers] Possible bug in marilman arch when doing incremental archiving

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 13 23:57:19 CET 2013

On 12/13/2013 05:06 AM, fc lists wrote:

> When the start is higher then counter, to iterate over the mailbox and get
> to the starting point requested, the *next()* method on the mbox object is
> called which trigger the archfactory which extract the attachment from
> messages that were already archived causing the duplicate attachment to
> happen.
>
> My "test fix" is basically to set the factory for the mbox object to the
> default rfc822.Message while iterating over the mbox object until the start
> is reached , then i set the factory back to the _archfactory ... and
> everything seems to work as expected.

Thank you for the report. I have created
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1260883> for this issue.

I think your fix is OK, but I am inclined to set the factory while
skipping to the start to Mailman.Mailbox._safeparser rather than the
default just in case one of the skipped messages throws MessageParseError.