[Mailman-Developers] Some Doubts for GSoC Project

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Aug 21 04:05:03 CEST 2013

On Aug 20, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Stephen 'Humble is my middle name' Turnbull wrote:

Actually, it seems like "Humble is my middle name" is your middle name. :)

>I agree now.  The point made in an earlier post is that in most cases
>people will use their keyrings to store keys, and addresses are the
>most stable way among human-readable key specifiers to access the
>keyring.  Eg, suppose you're replying to me; my display name in this
>message won't help you find my key unless your MUA's parser is *very*
>"sophisticated" (ie, makes dangerous guesses).

Agreed.

> > The test suite is a mess right now.
>
>Translated into pragmatic terms: Don't bother fixing the leaky roof
>because Barry's about to bulldoze the house.  VCS implication: your
>branch will have hard-to-fix conflicts throughout the test suite.

We'll see, but I'm hopeful now that it may not be so bad.  My first branch
using nose was brutal, but nose2 has support for zope.testing-ish layers.  I
haven't gotten the doctests working yet, but everything else seems to have
gone quite smoothly with few changes to the code.

-Barry