[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Midterm Report

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Aug 2 19:18:31 CEST 2013

On Aug 02, 2013, at 05:49 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:

>Now as the signing part is almost done except for to-be-able-to-select
>the key for signing(now python-gnupg signs using the first found key in
>the secret keyring) we need the proper infrastructure for the key
>management. Where will the public keys of the users be stored? Where
>will the secret keys of the lists be stored? How will they be accessed
>by mailman?

One thought is to have a public keyring to store all the pubkeys of the users,
and store just the key ids/fingerprints in the database.  That will probably
have to be a table of ids/fingerprints cross-referenced to the user table
(since a user would probably control multiple keys).

The other option is to use a table that associates email address in the pubkey
to the fingerprint/id and cross reference them to the addresses table for
addresses that Mailman knows about.