[Mailman-Developers] Really: architecting extra profile info [was: About authentication...]

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Apr 30 20:23:17 CEST 2013

Terri Oda writes:

 > Oh!  I think I understand some of the confusion now.  I thought I'd
 > said at the beginning why I was starting this thread at all, which
 > is primarily because Systers has a student project that needs extra
 > profile info.

That was a long time ago, and ... none of the students actually
applying to Mailman has expressed direct interest in the extra profile
info.  To the contrary, a couple have commented that crypto really
interests them.

stylistica posted here and has been on IRC off and on, but hasn't
applied through Mailman.  dardie will need a profile API, I think, but
*her* proposal just showed up in the last hour or so and is an early
draft.

 > The problem is

... somebody who knows the requirements needs to explain them on
*Mailman* channels.  We (more precisely, you, 'cause I don't know who
to ask) need to get the principals in here, or in a conversation
off-list.  Then we'll work it out.