[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Mon Apr 29 03:05:53 CEST 2013

On Apr 28, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> The rest of your post is just a reiteration of your religious belief that generic is good.

Call it "religion" if you wish. It is based on DECADES of experience, many of which involved reworking existing code to handle some changed conditions.

> I know the theory, but without use cases I will devote my efforts
> elsewhere, and ignore complaints that my code or my advisee's code is
> insufficiently general or that it ignores a theoretical design that
> has no code or use case to back it up.

Where is your design to handle the delegation of (restricted) permissions to alter list settings, create new lists, add moderators or administrators, etc.?

I am, at least, proposing a framework which would be able to address these issues.

This sounds as if you are using the "But you haven't actually built the entire system, therefore I can dismiss anything that you propose as a design concept" excuse to dismiss any ideas that are "Not Invented Here"