[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 29 01:54:29 CEST 2013

Richard Wackerbarth writes:

 > Yes, initially generating a more generic structure than the ad hoc
 > one in place (which doesn't even attempt to address delegation)

Aha!  Something that looks like a concrete use case!  But what is
"delegation"?  I mean, "who delegates what to whom?  And why does
Mailman need to address it?  What code needs to be written to address
it?

The rest of your post is just a reiteration of your religious belief
that generic is good.

I know the theory, but without use cases I will devote my efforts
elsewhere, and ignore complaints that my code or my advisee's code is
insufficiently general or that it ignores a theoretical design that
has no code or use case to back it up.