[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Xu Wang xuwang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 22:18:43 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:27 AM, Richard Wackerbarth <rkw at dataplex.net>wrote:

> I think that we are advocating the same approach.
> Your example is better tailored to actual MM resources and can be
> substituted for the one that I referenced.
> Note: I am "speaking" conceptually. The actual hard design of the details
> would be the scope of work for a GSoC project.
> The easiest way to present all of the details is to actually create a
> reference implementation. :)
>
> Totally agreed.

To be clear, what I gave was only some random test data of a testing data
schema from an early stage prototype for the purpose of concepture
discussion . Neither to be the real use case nor to be a substitution
of any existing working components.

I started with MySQL, but after playing around a bit, I do think a NoSQL
database is a good fit for this project. It will simplify the task quite a
bit.