[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 02:00:50 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I wrote a brief summary[1] of this thread. Its in the form of notes sorted
according to participants and a small summary at the end( showing off
whatever I could understand reading the thread twice from head to toe ).
However I might have misunderstood ( or not understood at all ) or missed a
few things, forgive me for that.

[1]: https://gist.github.com/maxking/5471211

Thanks,
Abhilash

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com> wrote:

> So... What have we decided? :)
>
> From my fuzzy "I read my email on a plane after delta woke me up at 3am to
> tell me my flight was cancelled" level of recollection....
>
> The few things I we actually agreed on:
>
> - We like the idea of a rest interface.
>
> - That interface/API should probably be decided now and relatively
> permanently
>
> - then implementation details can be changed later as necessary (so it
> doesn't matter if we start with django or whether mailman-user reads from
> mailman-core or vice versa, as long as it gets done and fulfills the
> promises of the API)
>
> - something something oauth something
>
> Can someone sketch out what that REST interface will look like as an
> actual architectural document that we can comment on?  I don't care who
> does this; we just need somewhere to start, so any subscriber to this list
> can probably summarize the emails into a useful document.
>
>  Terri

Abhilash Raj