[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Project idea: OpenPGP integration

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 00:14:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I made a small list[1] of deliverable for this project and required changes
in mailman for it. Can you all please review it and comment on how can it
be improved.

Also there are two points that I am not able to think on,

1) When a message is decrypted and then passed on between the queues, it
creates a security threat for the cleartext message is being held in
memory, even for a small time in between the runners.

2) Which one is the best standard to be implemented for encryption/signing
of the email?

[1]: https://gist.github.com/maxking/5455462

Thanks

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Richard Wackerbarth <rkw at dataplex.net>wrote:

> Although there might be a place for the use of OpenPGP for identification
> of users to the WebUI, such a project would not, in itself, be sufficiently
> complex for a GSoC project. If you are interested in such an effort, it
> would need to be combined with other (preferably related) aspects of
> authentication such as identification of submitted email messages.
>

> On Apr 22, 2013, at 6:29 AM, Paul Wise <pabs at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
> >
> >> I am a undergrad student interested in OpenPGP integration in mailman
> as a
> >> GSOC project this summer.
> >
> > Here is a semi-related idea; use OpenPGP instead of passwords for
> > authentication to the web interface, possibly using monkeysphere:
> >
> > http://web.monkeysphere.info/
> >
> > --
> > bye,
> > pabs