[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Project idea: OpenPGP integration

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 22 10:33:50 CEST 2013

Abhilash Raj writes:

 > Can you tell about who is going to mentor this(OpenPGP integration with
 > mailman)

I would guess the official mentors are likely to be myself and Wacky
(Richard Wackerbarth).  Joost isn't official (why not? -- you get a
T-shirt! :-) but he has expressed interest and offered help.

Lack of a secure through-the-mail channel for several aspects of
Mailman is a pain point for many users, though, so I suspect there
will be a lot of interest (including suggestions and even code
contributions) from non-mentors.  I strongly suggest that you keep the
discussion on this list for that reason.

I will also try to be available on IRC Freenode #mailman as yaseppochi
for the next two days (more or less 1am to 1pm UTC), and
intermittently after that.  Other mentors will probably be there, too.