[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 18 10:28:29 CEST 2013

Main comment: Sounds like LDAP to me.

Florian Fuchs writes:

 > 5) It should implement an oAuth provider.

I don't see this.  Mailman is an auth consumer.  The only people
Mailman can provide auth for are the site admins.  Everybody else is
more or less untrustworthy.

I can see that there are applications where it would be useful to have
an auth provider bundled with Mailman, but I think implementing it is
somebody else's job.

 > This could be used for API authenticaion and to log into
 > Postorius/Hyperkitty

I think generic auth provider is overkill for these purposes, and a
trap for anybody who thinks we know enough about crypto/security to do
this stuff well.