[Mailman-Developers] Interested in - Better User Settings Management

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Apr 16 10:36:28 CEST 2013

Sneha Priscilla writes:

 > The one I am most interested in is 'Better User Settings Management'.
 > I'd like to know if it's a feasible idea for this summer and how
 > important is it on the list of project ideas for Mailman this year?

As far as I'm concerned, definitely yes (since "better" involves "as
much work as you can do"!  :-) and "pretty darn important", since
that's one of the main things we need to get uptake on Mailman 3.

 > Also, since this is something which could also serve as an important
 > Systers project, is it viable to be joint mentored by Systers and
 > Mailman?

"Viable," you'd have to ask Carol @ GSoC about that.  Since Money is
involved (even though a small amount for the orgs), I suspect the
answer is "formally, you must choose one" (and get advice as you
please during the summer).

My *advice* is that I think that you're likely to find that Mailman
and Systers will have different ideas about what is important.  I think
you are best off doing your project with one point of view rather than
trying to balance them.