[Mailman-Developers] Like to participate in GSOC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - Like some ideas proposed in the list (Django, Python)

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Apr 8 18:15:55 CEST 2013

On Apr 08, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Chris Cargile wrote:

>..what if we could invite/reach out to administrators who've chosen to host
>their apache project-lists using 'mod_mbox approach' to consider MM3 as a
>replacement solution?

Please note too that MM3 supports an IArchiver interface, for which multiple
implementations can and do exist.  The core has several archiver interfaces,
and HyperKitty has an add on that can be enabled to add HK support too.  I'm
not sure what it would take to add mod_mbox support, but I can't imagine it
would be that difficult.

One thing we are lacking though is the ability for individual list owners to
opt-in to or -out of system-wide available archivers.  That's probably not a
lot of work to enable, but it does involve a schema migration most likely.
(Hmm, I just had an interesting thought about that...)