[Mailman-Developers] Like to participate in GSOC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - Like some ideas proposed in the list (Django, Python)

Chris Cargile follybeachris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:46:03 CEST 2013

Stephen wrote:
>>This would solve the environment problem for students!  Dunno if it's
>> strictly better than an AWS instance, but I bet many would prefer it.

I had mentioned sharing an AMI instance with mailman 'working' on it but
for some reason had lagged.  I did not configure it to send mail yet, but
setting up postfix on Ubuntu can be done for that relatively easily, if
configuring MM3 is about as tough/easy as for mm2 (i'd guess it is ~the
same) - the issue with making AMI's available is that the images have to be
backed up to an ElasticBlockStore(EBS), which entails a cost (considered
as: live-,running image==free; static,shareable image==fee associated)

The last status discussed was to maybe upload the image to somewhere else
that would be free, I think (Terri?) but it seems that approach would
negate any advantage offered by having the image (the download would be on
the order of several Gigabytes...do we want to keep tossing ideas about the
VM / (rasbPi???) approach?  I'd be interested