[Mailman-Developers] Like to participate in GSOC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - Like some ideas proposed in the list (Django, Python)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 8 03:56:15 CEST 2013

Surya Kasturi writes:

 > Actually, I am on Windows. setting up Mailman is a problem for me.. need
 > time for that.

Ouch.  Do you have access to a VM hypervisor so you can run Linux
inside of Windows?  If so, the shortest path home is likely to be
installing Ubuntu there.

Otherwise, we'll help as we can, but I doubt any of the mentors are
using that environment.  It's likely to be somewhat painful in the
long run as well, as Barry has indicated that he really wants Mailman
3 to be a Python 3 application.

I don't want to discourage you.  But please be realistic about your
choice of environment.