[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - introductions

Karl-Aksel Puulmann macobo at ut.ee
Thu Apr 4 18:59:01 CEST 2013

Hello

I'm Karl, 2nd year bachelors CS student from University of Tartu in
Estonia.

I went through the ideas list and noted down some that I found interesting:
1. Full anonymization
2. Log monitor
3. RSS, NNTP access to archives

I got the dev enviroment set up and running and will go through the bug
tracker and try to fix a few bugs. If I should run into trouble, I'll let
it be known.

A little about myself (you may want to skip this).
I have about 5 years of programming experience, including programming in
python. Last semester I gave lab sessions to first year students (python),
and also have some work experience with flask.
Other strengths include algorithmic skills (I participated in International
Olympiad in Informatics 2 years ago and my team was in semi-finals of the
ACM-ICPC competition this year).

I'm hoping to participate in GSoC since while I'm an avid open-source
consumer, I haven't had any success in contributing to something this big
before and it's about time to fix that. You can find some of my toy
projects at https://github.com/macobo.

I will be accessible by email, skype (macob0) and through IRC (nick macobo
at #mailman), but since my time zone is UTC+2, I might not be accessible at
all times.

Looking forward to (hopefully) working with you
Karl-Aksel Puulmann