[Mailman-Developers] Getting to Mailman 3.0 final

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Sep 18 06:26:11 CEST 2012

On 12-09-17 1:12 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> I think if we release MM3 without 'a frontend' we will miss people's
> expectation to get a feature complete MLM - which includes a frontend
> in most peoples opinion I guess.
>> I do think that if we release them separately, we'll have to be very clear
>> about setting expectations.
> I wouldn't do it.

As the person who thought it was a bad idea to separate the two
projects, I agree that I think releasing without a frontend will be
pretty underwhelming for folk.  But rather than delaying the core
development, I think it might make more sense to have a mailman 3 core
release and then a big advertised "Mailman 3 complete" release when the
other related projects are available for a bundled release.

That said, I'm tentatively planning a personal postorious hackathon all
day Saturday the 22nd.  If anyone wants to join me, I'll be on #mailman
on freenode!

  Terri