[Mailman-Developers] Getting to Mailman 3.0 final

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Sep 18 06:13:30 CEST 2012

Bob Puff at NLE writes:

 > I don't want more servers (processes). I need secure,
 > low-footprint, low cpu-utilization processes.

You're not going to get more processes unless you want them.  The
processes currently planned are just called "runners" now, and will be
less coupled than currently.

Whether the particular implementations under development are going to
work for you, "you know it when you see them", I guess.

I wouldn't advise you to hold your breath if *secure* is really high
on your list, though.  I think the new architecture is going to be
overall more secure (eg, better handling of authentication), but
evaluating that in a corporate security context is going to be just as
much effort and annoyance as any time you introduce a new application.
(If not, you should worry about whether your security people are doing
their job!<wink/>)

Steve