[Mailman-Developers] "newlist" command and Mailman 3

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Sep 18 03:38:10 CEST 2012

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > Currently, JSON is the only supported output format.  I'd be open to patches
 > that provide other output formats.

Please, no.  "Filters are one honking great idea.  Let's do more of
those!"

I think most of the interesting programming languages people might
write Mailman functionality in have JSON parser/generator modules.
JSON is not a bad serialization format (I think it's pretty good,
actually, but conservatively it's not bad, right?)  Let's stick to
that rather that proliferate incompatible interfaces.