[Mailman-Developers] Adding keys in the configuration file

Aurelien Bompard aurelien at bompard.org
Thu Sep 13 16:53:37 CEST 2012

Sorry I messed up with a list-reply, so you people missed Richard's reply.

> What concerns me is that MM core should not depend on Django in order to run.
> The Archive interface needs to accept the message and place it in the store.

MM won't depend on Django, only if the HK section in mailman.cfg is enabled.
I can't just send the message to the store however, since the
IArchiver interface also has methods to get the list and message's
final archive URL, and that's dependent on the frontend. The store
does not know how the frontend is installed (at the root URL, on
/hyperkitty, on /archives, etc.).
Those methods are run before the message is stored in order for their
result to be added to the message headers, so I can't even get it from
the archive_message call.

Aurélien