[Mailman-Developers] HyperKitty MongoDB vs PostgreSQL.

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri May 25 17:03:10 CEST 2012

On May 25, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

>Thus we will move forward with PostgreSQL as a back-end for HyperKitty.
>The good news is that HyperKitty already works fine with PostgreSQL and
>KittyStore (if you use the correct branch [4]).
>However, we have to rebuild our test server, so we cannot show you how
>the latest version works right now.

I haven't looked, but is it possible to use an intermediate layer like an ORM
which would allow a user to use different databases under the hood?  For
example, the core is written using Storm, so is pretty easy to use any
database that Storm supports.  Currently, because of minor SQL differences,
this means SQLite and PostgreSQL, but it should be easy for someone to
contribute MySQL code.  An nosql database might be harder though because that
doesn't fit naturally into Storm's view of the world.