[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 configuration questions and feedback

Jeff Marshall marshman at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:39:51 CEST 2012

Florian & Barry, thank you for the replies.  Very helpful information.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Florian Fuchs <f at state-of-mind.de> wrote:
> $ python manage.py createsuperuser

Great, this worked.

>> * The BrowserID system on Postorius logs me out all the time, even
>> after just a few page views.  I'm constantly having to hit the sign-in
>> button again.  If I am trying to perform an administrative function I
>> have to do it very quickly after signing in or else I'm logged out
>> again.  (Mac OS X, Chrome).
>

> My first guess was that it's a problem with browser privacy settings. So I
> tried to reproduce the problem with different cookie-settings -
> session-only, no 3rd party cookies, all cookies allowed. Still everything
> worked fine. I guess you do allow at least session-based cookies (otherwise
> you wouldn't have been able to log in in the first place).

I'm using Chrome (19.0.1084.46) on the Mac (10.7.3) with all default
settings on the browser.  I'll file a ticket with the info.  Please
let me know if there is some debug tracing I can turn on that would
help track it down.

> Is it possible that you got thrown out after you got an error? If so, could
> you post the exception type displayed in the dump?

There's no error when I get logged out.  It simply loses my logged-in state.

> Does that happen only with browserid or also when you're logged-in with the
> superuser account created on syncdb??

I went ahead and created a superuser account via the command line like
you mentioned.  Logging in with this superuser account works
flawlessly - I haven't been logged out yet, whereas I would have been
several times via BrowserID.

I'll go ahead and files tickets on the other ones we discussed on this thread.

Thanks again

Jeff