[Mailman-Developers] [Merge] lp:~wacky/postorius/csrf into lp:postorius

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue May 22 03:33:36 CEST 2012

Richard Wackerbarth writes:

 > I believe that it may be your intention to have kept "postorius"
 > hidden. But I don't think that the actual implementation has
 > accomplished that.
 >
 > Please see ~mailman-coders/postorius/trunk :
 > /src/postorius/templates/postorius/base.html (revision 65) at lines
 > 11 - 16
 >
 > Clearly, this file is a part of the postorius app and not the
 > dev_setup site.

I don't understand your point.  For better or worse, CSS is tied to
the HTML it styles via id and class tags, and element nesting
patterns.  Another app for presenting list admin functions would have
different HTML and different CSS.  So a site which wishes to customize
the appearance of postorius will need to add postorius-specific CSS
anyway, which may as well be indicated by a path element in the URL.

Note that STATIC_URL is site-specific, and if you want to add the
postorius theme code in a site-specific place, add that place to the
STATICFILES_DIRS setting.

What am I missing?

A different question: what happens if MAILMAN_THEME is set to "foo",
and postorius doesn't have a "foo" theme?  I think it would be
obnoxious to require all customizers to customize everything.