[Mailman-Developers] [Merge] lp:~wacky/postorius/csrf into lp:postorius

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Tue May 22 00:38:18 CEST 2012

On May 21, 2012, at 4:18 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On May 21, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
>
>> Perhaps we can have the best of both worlds by setting up a "bot" to
>> export/import the bzr tree to a git tree on a routine basis.  I presently
>> maintain both the underlying .git and .bzr directories in my development
>> trees.
>
> I don't know if github can import foreign vcs branches, but that might be one
> thing to investigate.  As long as we don't get pull requests from git
> branches, I'd certainly support that.  (Launchpad can import foreign vcses
> into bzr branches, though Mercurial will soon be deprecated due to bit rot in
> the bzr-hg plugin.)

I will have to find out if fast-export | fast-import works as an incremental updater.
If so, whether directly on github or on a server (mine or otherwise), we can have a cron-driven bot looking for changes and cross-posting them. (At least in the bzr-->git direction.)

Richard