[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] Metrics

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri May 4 14:44:24 CEST 2012

Richard Wackerbarth writes:

 > Usually, a few people, who think that they understand the whole
 > problem, make early design decisions that often become obstacles in
 > the future. It is only after the prototype has been developed that
 > others are able to point out weaknesses in the initial design.

I bow to your superior experience in the field (there are no "large
projects" needed in mine! ;-)

 > As such, I advocate for a planned "revise during implementation" to
 > the extent that you schedule a reimplementation for a new
 > generation of the product rather than continually attempting to
 > "add on" to the previous design.

I see.  So the idea is that that's the stage that George is at anyway?
He "built one to throw away", and now it's time to progress to the
reimplementation?  (I forgot about that aspect; indeed, the fact that
he's already built a project similar to this one should speed up the
planning and design stage.)