[Mailman-Developers] Error: Couldn't install: storm 0.19

David dave at fiteyes.com
Thu May 3 04:57:33 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:49 PM, David <dave at fiteyes.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM, David <dave at fiteyes.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any ideas on this error? It seems I'm missing Python.h.
>>
>> I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.

Is this the right place for a suggestion on minor documentation changes?

Building Mailman 3

> Mailman 3 is now based on the `zc.buildout`_ infrastructure, which greatly
> simplifies building and testing Mailman.
>
> You do not need anything other than Python ...

I started with a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 on a new Linode.

I actually needed build-essential and python-dev packages in addition to
the python package that came with the default Ubuntu install on Linode.

# apt-get install build-essential python-dev

With those packages, I was able to build and it passed all tests:

Total: 383 tests, 0 failures, 0 errors in 40.273 seconds.