[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2012

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Mar 29 01:17:24 CEST 2012

On Mar 24, 2012, at 03:19 AM, vikash agrawal wrote:

>I am Vikash and very much interested in contributing to mailman and being a
>GSoC student this year. So far, I have successfully installed mailman in my
>system.

Welcome!

>I do have skills in Python 2.7 but as I am very new to mailman thus I am
>looking for something small to hack and doable in this summer.  Also, the
>idea page doesnot mention the skills required for the project so its somewhat
>difficult for me to choose one. As a result I would like you to guide me over
>the same .  I am willing to learn a lot this summer :-)

Fantastic!  This is the right place to ask questions.  Also many of us hang
out on IRC using the freenode channel #mailman.

Note that I've started to tag bugs in the tracker with 'easy' if I think they
are (but I could be wrong :).  So you could search bugs.launchpad.net/mailman
for the 'easy' and 'mailman3' tags to find things to get started with.

Cheers,