[Mailman-Developers] GSoC

Ana Cutillas anitacorr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:03:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

my name is Ana Cutillas and I am a senior Computer Science student from
Spain. I am really interested in working on the Mailman project either with
you directly or with Systers.

I have been reading the list of ideas to implement and I am very interested
in the #6 Creating user profiles (
http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2012/03/13/mailman-brainstorm/). I have been
wanting to work on a project that involved data mining for a while now and
I think this could be a good opportunity.

In general, I think profiles should have the really straightforward
information: last time they started a conversation, last time they sent an
email to the list, when did they sign up, what time of the day are they
more active, etc. But it should be fairly easy to add cool stuff like, in
case a list allows the use of more than one language, the language the user
uses the most and maybe even percentages of usage, and with some
information retrieval we could get keywords to know what they like to talk
about the most.

I like some of the other ideas too, so I can talk to you about them if you
want to.

Hoping to hear from you soon!

- Ana