[Mailman-Developers] RELEASED: GNU Mailman 3.0 beta 1 and Postorius 1.0 alpha 1

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Mar 26 19:54:03 CEST 2012

On Mar 25, 2012, at 02:34 PM, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

>Congratulations! I was able to get Postorius running by following the
>five minute quick start guide. I didn't see archiving settings in the
>user interface, how do I set that up?

As Mark described, mm3 actually has a nicer architecture for archive
integration.  You can define multiple archivers system-wide, and there is an
interface you can implement if you want to add a new one.

Archivers are configured in the mailman.cfg file; i.e. they are system-wide.
They cannot currently be configured per-list, although it might be interesting
to someday support enabling or disabling them on a per-list basis.  Maybe. ;)

Note that beta2 will have a somewhat improved implementation here.  Each
archiver can have a "clobber policy" and "skew interval" which generalizes the
old Pipermail Date: header clobbering rules, so that it can apply to any
archiver.

The Mail Archive is already supported in mm3, using the RFC 5064 standard and
the X-Message-ID-Hash we discussed a while back. :)

-Barry