[Mailman-Developers] bugs on launchpad

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Mar 23 11:45:26 CET 2012

But how does the option get into your web UI?  If you have to put it
in there by editing
mm_config, I don't see the gain.  Remember, many archivers already
have the rather
convenient (to non-shell-on-Mailman-host list owners and even ordinary
users) UI of
simply subscribing the archiver to the list.

I would say that one way to implement this would be as a role in the
user database.
Instead of subscribing an archiver as "member", subscribe it with the
"archivist" role.
Gmane would probably be willing to do this, for example, if the
subscription method
were as simple as subscribing an ordinary member.  I suppose the same goes for
mail-archive.com.