[Mailman-Developers] Killing off Pipermail and the effects on scrubbing in Mailman 3

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Mon Mar 19 12:50:49 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 07:25:37AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >Also, I need to figure out a better development platform for Windows
> >boxes. I had a perfect opportunity to scrap Windows all together when
> >I had to recover from a hard drive crash on my main development box
> >last year, but the dice fell the wrong way on that one.
>
> There are lots of options here.  As mentioned, virtualbox should be a good
> option, and you can probably use something like wubi to create an Ubuntu
> desktop running along side Windows.

    http://xkcd.com/424/

springs to mind.

(I'm aware a fair few people are moving away from Ubuntu, in favor of
Mint <http://linuxmint.com/>).

> >Maybe I can organize a sprint at the next PyCon - Migrating to Linux
> >and killing Windows one PC at a time.

With a python script? ;o)

(a former friend & colleague, Chris Lightfoot[1] wrote evil.c one day; I
mirror it at http://hendricks.amyl.org.uk/~adam/tmp/evil.c-txt --
to Debianize a FBSD box. Console server *highly* recommended. It
worked the few times we used it)

[1] http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/wwwitter/20070305-chris_lightfoot_1978-2007.html

--
War is Peace   Freedom is Slavery   Ignorance is Strength
    1984