[Mailman-Developers] courier-to-mailman.py

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 13 03:10:03 CET 2012

Lindsay Haisley wrote:

>I just got an email from a fellow in Germany wanting to know where he
>could find courier-to-mailman.py, a script I contributed to mailman some
>time ago and which is included in the distribution, but apparently not
>parsed for replacement tokens and installed in the contrib directory at
>install time.
>
>It might be a good idea to patch configure.in with the proper line to
>take care of this:

I have patched configure(.in) as you suggest, but I wonder if this will
solve the problem you are trying to address. It will result in a
build/courier-to-mailman.py in the 'unpack and configure' directory
with the replacement tokens expanded thus putting
courier-to-mailman.py on an equal footing with qmail-to-mailman.py,
but 'make install' does not install the contrib/ directory in the
actual Mailman installation.

Thus, the configured script will only be found in the build/ directory
in the 'unpack and configure' directory.