[Mailman-Developers] Trying to install mm 3.0.0b1

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Thu Jun 21 17:32:25 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 10:36 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> For deployments (i.e. you just want to run mm3) it's better to create a
> virtualenv and then `python setup.py install` into that virtualenv.

Barry, I don't know if you followed the discussion on the Users list
regarding placing an encrypted (AES) header into personalized, VERPed
list posts which would contain the subscriber recipient's address and
possibly also the list address.  This would satisfy AOL's TOS (others,
too) and not be redacted in their Email Feedback Reports.

I have some patches and files to this end, Which I've applied
successfully to Mailman 2.1.15 and the suggestion was made on the Users
list that I submit them for possible application to mm 3, which would
probably be a more appropriate place for this feature.

To do this I need to set up a test installation of mm 3 which actually
works, and delivers mail to a test list.  I don't need to deploy it for
general use.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Real programmers use butterflies"
FMP Computer Services |