[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.15 final released.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 15 22:28:39 CEST 2012

Tanstaafl wrote:

>On 2012-06-15 1:04 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>> Python 2.4 is the minimum supported, but Python 2.6 is recommended.
>> This release should work with Python 2.7, but has not been tested with
>> that version.
>
>I'm curious about why 2.7 isn't officially supported (current stable is
>already at 3.2.x)?

I have not gotten around to installing Python 2.7 on the machines that
I use for Mailman 2.x development, testing and production. That's why
I have to say that this release "should work with Python 2.7, but has
not been tested with that version."

I can't recommend running Mailman with a Python version that I haven't
run it on.

>I've been running 2.1.14 with 2.7 (now at 2.7.3) since it went stable
>(I'm on gentoo) with zero problems... but am I asking for trouble?

I don't think so.