[Mailman-Developers] MM3 - Using fqdn in the exposed URLs

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Tue Jun 12 15:01:08 CEST 2012

On Jun 12, 2012, at 5:16 AM, Florian Fuchs wrote:
> 1) We could change this part of the URLs to something like:
> fqdn_listname from the URL but it's not as obvious as the list's email
> address (it's also still readable).
>
> 2) Adding to Richard's slug idea: We could provide a "slug"-field in the
> list settings (and create list) form. The default slug is the format
> described in 1) - but an admin can change it to any custom (and shorter)
> slug they like (as long as it's unique).

+1

> I suggest that we save the slug/fqdn_listname mapping in a local db
> table (it's only a ui specific setting, so the core doesn't need to know
> about it).

Core will need to be provided a dictionary of items related to the configuration of the list infrastructure.
The URL for subscriber account maintenance is one of those items.
However, the contents of that field, or any of the others, and how they are derived, is outside the scope of "core".
To core, these are just configuration constants.