[Mailman-Developers] [HyperKitty] Rating of posts

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Jun 7 12:43:46 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-06 3:24 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 00:43 -0400, Aamir Khan wrote:
>> In this case each upvote/downvote will be saved as a separate row in
>> database. Your suggestions?

> I actually would like to ask you to think at a broader level.
> Could you provide us a database schema on how it would look ?
> You would have a user table, I assume, the tables for the archives and
> I would like you to consider in your design ratings but also the
> category and tags assigned to the emails.

I would also like to see a way for each user to be able to rate other
*users*, not just their individual posts...

An example with this list: I would rate Mark Sapiro as '5' (or whatever
was designated as 'highest value'), so whenever I sort answers to any
particular questions, Marks answers should appear at the top of the
results before anyone else's (even if someone else's post had a higher
rating than Marks for a particular thread) - then would come the
individual posts from other users (who I hadn't yet rated)...

Hope that made sense...